Principal Test HW Engineer
Plano, Texas, Dallas, Texas, McKinney, Texas
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Space and Airborne Systems ICS product line is growing! We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced, Principal Test Engineer to join our diverse team supporting Integrated Communication Systems (ICS) Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Depot Activation activities.
The Test Automation Department (TAD) is responsible for the design and development of test equipment hardware and software to support a wide range of products and customers. The North Texas Test Systems section within TAD is a growing and highly motivated team who consistently provides quality on-time solutions to support external and internal customers seeking innovative and economical solutions for their product lines.
Primary responsibilities for the Principal Engineer will act as the primary point of contact for all technical needs in support of the JSF Depot Activation activities at Warner Roberts, GA, including coordination with reach back support, interpretation, redlining of technical documentation, build to print of existing test stations (hardware and software), Windows 10 OS updates, and moving existing test stations to a different test type platform. The Principal Engineer will be expected to follow established procedures and instructions (IPDS and One-page processes) while working closely with program and functional supervision to ensure the overall Depot Activation activities are met. Additionally, the Principal Engineer will ensure all work executed on JSF is reported to the Chief Engineer and Program IPT Lead for inclusion in JSF level meetings.
- Minimum 8 years of test engineering development including circuit design, analysis, test hardware and software knowledge
- Experience with schematic capture, circuit simulation, and analysis tools
- Experience using test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, DMMs, Network Analyzers, Power Meters, DIOs, Relays, Generators, etc.
- Familiarity with National Instruments product lines, both hardware and software development
- Familiar with analog, digital, and/or RF signal test and analysis
- Experience with troubleshooting and root-cause analysis
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Experience with Configuration Management principles, environments, and tools
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance within one year of hire date; Active Secret clearance is preferred.
- Experience prioritizing and handling multiple tasks in a production environment, developing solutions under general direction, and demonstrating solid troubleshooting skills
- Project estimation (budget and schedule) using government approved Earned Value Management System
- Ability to translate requirements into cost effective and creative solutions
- Sense of process discipline, order, and attention to detail
- Work with limited supervision and meet commitments for assigned schedule, financial, and technical goals
- Professional engineering experience working within a team environment
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience building strong relationships and effectively partnering with distributed teams across multiple sites
- Experience working and communicating with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in a related STEM discipline.
BS and 8 years of experience, MS and 6 years of experience, PhD and 4 years of experience.
Desired Education: Master's degree in related STEM discipline
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 156563
Business Unit Profile
Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business. Follow us on Twitter.
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
TX - Dallas
TX - McKinney
TX - Plano
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).