Team Ldr II ManufacturingApply Requisition ID 153218BR Date updated 12/06/2019
We are seeking candidates for the position of Manufacturing Department Paint Shop Manager at the IIS Indianapolis site. The Paint Shop manager will oversee not only painting but also aluminum anodizing operations. The candidate will be responsible for insuring all painted/anodized products meet the rigorous requirements of Aerospace Quality Standards and that the work is conducted in a manner compliant with applicable OSHA / Raytheon safety standards.
The candidate must meet the requirements necessary to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
In addition to managerial responsibilities the candidate will also serve as the subject matter expert for surface finishing processes at the Indianapolis site. This task will entail the following for painting and anodizing operations:
- maintain/troubleshoot existing processes
- implement/document new processes
- maintain/modify existing, and implement new, statistical process controls
- provide coating selection recommendations to design engineers
- provide recommendations to Program Managers for the repair of damaged coatings on back-from-the-field assemblies
- management of processes utilizing materials containing hexavalent chromium
- periodically conduct process audits on painting and anodizing operations
- Maintain the data necessary to compliance with the site’s Paint Shop Operating Permit
- 4 years of applicable experience ideally in a similar government contractor environment, similar to Raytheon
- Proven ability to lead and or manage people
- Must be a US Citizen with current/active Secret Security Clearance, or ability to obtain in a reasonable amount of time
- Knowledge the painting or anodizing industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with a particular emphasis on Excel.
- Familiarity with SAP or similar Enterprise Resource Planning software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Proven ability to read and understand surface finishing requirements detailed on mechanical drawings.
- 2 years in a leadership role
- Previous extensive experience in the painting or anodizing industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor Degree = 8 years of additional, applicable experience)
Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
IN - Indianapolis
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
U. Texas, Dallas - Engineering Campus Screens (Spring 2020)
Time: 9:00 am CT - 4:00 pm CT Address: UTD Career Center SSB 3.300 Interview Rooms A-C 800 W. Campbell Rd. Richardson, Texas 75080 Type: Campus Screens
Fellowship Student Meet & Greet
Time: 9:00 am ET - 5:00 pm ET Address: Inn at Virginia Tech 901 Prices Fork Road Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 Type: Shipping Only
URI Spring 2020 Job & Internship Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: URI Ryan Center 1 Lincoln Almond Plaza URI Eng. & Tech Fair, Oct.2, 2019 Kingston, Rhode Island 02881 Type: Campus Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Aurora, CO
Time: 4:00 pm MT - 7:00 pm MT Address: Launch Pad 884 S Buckley Rd Aurora, Colorado 80017 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
UMass Lowell Spring 2020 Co-Op Connection
Time: 6:00 pm ET - 8:00 pm ET Address: Stephen Lichwala 358 Lowell ST Raytheon RFC - Duke Building Andover , Massachusetts 01810 Type: Networking Event
U. Texas, Arlington On-Campus Interviews - Spring 2020
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Career Development Center 300 W. 1st Street, Suite 180S Interview Room 2 Arlington, Texas 76019 Type: Campus Screens