Pivotal Cloud Foundry Administrator
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
The Sr. Systems Integration Technologist – Pivotal Cloud Foundry Administrator will be part of a team delivering “Platform” as a capability supporting the Air Force Air Operations Center (AOC) program. This team of Platform Operations specialists works on large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant VMWare virtualized Linux/Windows based environments. They utilize Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) to provide Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and seek to continuously improve the state of the running production system through automation. This is a diverse team of highly skilled operators who embrace Agile and DevOps to pioneer a radically new concept for rapid delivery of software mission capabilities to the AOC program.
As a Pivotal Platform Operations Administrator, you will receive extensive training in PCF and then be responsible for installation, maintenance, upgrades, monitoring, and management of Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes technologies as a managed service in the AOC production environment. Along with managing the entire deployment and operations lifecycle of these platforms and supporting technologies, you will work with the Infrastructure team to handle integration with the underlying Dell/EMC VxRails architecture.
Work location is Langley AFB, in Hampton, VA, however there will be occasional travel for training and to other AOC sites to provide PCF Platform support.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
- Create, implement and manage Pivotal Cloud Foundry deployments
- Provide expertise for operational management of Pivotal Cloud Foundry on monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers and buildpacks
- Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation through PCF required for continuously improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of platform and associated services.
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation and troubleshooting
- Uses scripting tools to automate processes
- Works closely with developers in troubleshooting issues.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active DoD Secret (or above) Security clearance
- Subject Matter Expertise in System Administration of Linux/Unix Operating System
- Experience developing automation solutions with competence in scripting languages for automating frequently executed activities.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and experience with relevant technologies such as Load Balancers/DNS/SSL/Firewalls/NAT/NTP
- Experience working in VMWare vSphere environments
- Experience troubleshooting Operating Systems and Applications
- Experience with large scale production systems and dealing with production issues
- Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.
- 6+ years of experience in related fields or technologies to this job description
- Experience with Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or Kubernetes
- Experience solving problems at the Linux/Unix command line
- Experience in an Agile/DevOps/DevSecOps environment
- Professional Certifications such as: RHCE, Linux+, MCSA, AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer, Security +, CISSP, CCNA
- A software development or DevOps automation background.
- Experience administering the Windows Server operating system
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field; OR 8 additional years of Engineering, Computer or Information Science applicable professional experience in lieu of degree.
Business Unit Profile
Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
VA - Hampton
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).