Principal Proposal AnalystApply Requisition ID 153224BR Date updated 12/05/2019
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate and communicate a thorough understanding of the current regulatory environment relative to the submission of cost proposals to the Government (FAR, DFARS, TINA, CAS).
- Perform thorough compliance audits of SAS cost proposals with checklist and analyze BOEs, BOMs, IOTs, and other supporting proposal artifacts as required to ensure reasonableness, adequacy, and compliance.
- Support DCAA/DCMA proposal audits, including all Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Facilitate and actively participate in the walk through of cost proposals for DCAA/DCMA. Research and analyze historical data and cost models as they relate to proposal compliance.
- Act as primary compliance auditor supporting California based E&P teams with ability to remotely support and audit other cross-country E&P teams as needed.
- Travel as needed to support proposal audits across all SAS locations.
- Participate in creation and presentation of Estimating & Pricing Training Material.
- Participate in the standardization of E&P policies across all SAS sites to impact proposal quality, cost realism, reasonableness, and compliance.
- Participate in cross business GBS collaboration and GBS Optimization projects.
- Prior experience Estimating & Pricing experience with demonstrable knowledge of FAR, DFARS, CAS, TINA, and Government Acquisition regulations
- Solid expertise with Sarbanes Oxley and its requirements as it relates to compliance issues.
- Must be able to effectively organize and lead teams to support SAS Estimating System maintenance, training, and consistency.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively resolve compliance concerns and communicate solution.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office ( esp., Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface and communicate well with outside customers (DCAA/DCMA) as well as internal customers (e.g., Government Accounting, Cost Accounting, Supply Chain, Finance, Contracts, Program Managers, Proposal Managers) and Senior Management across Raytheon sites.
- Experience with FAR 15.408, Table 15-2 Government Cost Proposals.
- Prior experience developing cost proposals and providing negotiations support.
- Have a thorough understanding of Estimating Systems, corporate accounting structure and the ability to support SAS Estimating System audits
- Working knowledge of common pricing tools (e.g., ACES, eMCBid).
- Working knowledge of SAS E&P & Accounting structure and policy.
- Working knowledge of SAP (APEX/PRISM).
- Detail oriented.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting and a minimum of 6 years of experience
US Citizenship Required:
- This position requires access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
North Texas, An Ideal Place to Call Home
Our location in Jackson offers a broad range of roles – all of which provide ample opportunity to pioneer new technology. Routinely recognized as one of America’s best places to live, the Dallas-Fort Worth area is number 21 on this year’s US News and World Report ranking. See what this city has to offer.Learn More
El Segundo, An Ideal Place to Call Home
Our location in El Segundo offers a broad range of roles – all of which provide ample opportunity to pioneer new technology. El Segundo has gorgeous weather, beaches and easy access to the Entertainment Capital of the World. See what this city has to offer.Learn More
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
U. Texas, Dallas - Engineering Campus Screens (Spring 2020)
Time: 9:00 am CT - 4:00 pm CT Address: UTD Career Center SSB 3.300 Interview Rooms A-C 800 W. Campbell Rd. Richardson, Texas 75080 Type: Campus Screens
Fellowship Student Meet & Greet
Time: 9:00 am ET - 5:00 pm ET Address: Inn at Virginia Tech 901 Prices Fork Road Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 Type: Shipping Only
URI Spring 2020 Job & Internship Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: URI Ryan Center 1 Lincoln Almond Plaza URI Eng. & Tech Fair, Oct.2, 2019 Kingston, Rhode Island 02881 Type: Campus Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Aurora, CO
Time: 4:00 pm MT - 7:00 pm MT Address: Launch Pad 884 S Buckley Rd Aurora, Colorado 80017 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
UMass Lowell Spring 2020 Co-Op Connection
Time: 6:00 pm ET - 8:00 pm ET Address: Stephen Lichwala 358 Lowell ST Raytheon RFC - Duke Building Andover , Massachusetts 01810 Type: Networking Event
U. Texas, Arlington On-Campus Interviews - Spring 2020
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Career Development Center 300 W. 1st Street, Suite 180S Interview Room 2 Arlington, Texas 76019 Type: Campus Screens