Mgr III Subcontract Management
Andover, Massachusetts, Woburn, Massachusetts
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
As a Subcontract Manager Lead, you’re a member of a dynamic Subcontracts and cross-functional Product or Program Management Team supporting the achievement of prime contract requirements and program goals. In this highly visible role, in addition to owning a portfolio of subcontracts, you’ll lead a team of subcontract management professionals with responsibility for multiple subcontracts or strategic agreements; working from source selection through execution completion and providing formal communications and contractual direction as needed. In addition, you’ll be responsible for working within a cross-functional team, providing subject matter expertise to other members of the team, and be the focal point the Business Area.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Establishing mentoring relationships, development plans and training requirements for your team
- Ensuring Subcontractors within your team meet all subcontract requirements including cost, schedule, technical and quality requirements.
- Managing complex development and production subcontracts, including risk mitigation
- Developing negotiation strategies, leading negotiations, changes and close-out activities, maintaining all required subcontracts records.
- Managing and reporting on the subcontract performance to the Global Supply Chain Cross Business Team and within the Program/Integrated Product Team. Collaborating with the Subcontract Program Manager in managing Subcontract partner performance, using program metrics.
- Preparing and issuing of Requests for Proposal (RFP) in support of proposals and program requirements. Reviewing and leading the evaluation of Subcontractor proposals and sourcing, including Fact Finding, and Cost and Pricing analysis management.
- Ensuring subcontract compliance with public law and IDS company policy and procedures, understanding and applying, as appropriate, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), ITAR and import/export requirements.
- Coordinating with Import/Export on ITAR and other related topics
- Evaluating and ensuring compliance with Technical Assistance Agreements and Manufacturing License Agreements.
- Contractual advisor for the development of Subcontractor Statement of Work and other subcontract activities.
- Assisting Capture Lead with Collaborative Agreements.
- Leading the development of and compliance to Subcontract management plans.
- Ensuring effective application of program management tools in the development of subcontractor requirements including EVMS, IPDS, and Risk /Opportunity Management.
- 10+ years of relevant business experience
- Management of complex contracts and/or subcontracts
- Negotiations including, Strategies, Terms and Conditions,
- Knowledge and experience working with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR) and Public Laws as they pertain to procurements
- Experience leading and/or participating in cross-functional teams including, collaboration skills, ability to manage relationships and partner solutions amongst diverse group of stakeholders.
- US citizenship
- Ability to travel, including international, approximately 10-25%.
- International contracting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with major construction works
- Experience in managing supplier performance
- Knowledge and experience working with Export/Import requirements
- Risk Management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Knowledge and experience with financial analysis and reporting
- International experience, preferably in the MENA region
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 151986
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Andover
MA - Woburn
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Manufacturing Manager Andover
- Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift Andover
- Integrated Product Team Operations Manufacturing Manager Andover
- Environmental and Sustainability Manager Andover
- Principal Plan Production Control Professional - 2nd Shift Andover
- Senior Plan Production Control Specialist Andover