Sept 2020 Start Communications (Digital Media) Graduate Leadership Development Programme.Apply Requisition ID 145097BR Date updated 12/04/2019
Graduate Leadership Development Programme
Start: 1st September 2020
Location: London or Harlow + Business Travel
Summary of Role
Here at Raytheon UK we are seeking a Communications Graduate to join our Communications team. The post is available to start on 1st September and will report to the Communications Director.
The role provides wide ranging hands on Corporate Communications experience in a dynamic business environment and growing team. It is ideal for anyone looking to gain experience in media relations, public affairs, Corporate social responsibility and Campaign management. The role will serve the Raytheon UK business by helping the Communications team to shape and deliver messages to employees and a wide range of external stakeholders in order to help drive sales, build advocacy and enhance the reputation of the company.
- Support the Communications Director and wider team by working cross functionally with multiple departments delivering internal and external communications activities
- Prepare campaign grid and be responsible for configuration management of the Communications Hub and its materials
- Contribute ideas and research for communications team
- Support communications team in the production of content for digital, social and traditional media. This will include the writing, editing and production of internal communications pieces including company newsletters, web content and other materials for employee engagement campaigns
- The candidate will look to include multi-channel approaches and tactics for all campaigns and assist in the delivery of tasks
- External communication support will include the planning and delivery of communications activities at events and for key campaigns throughout the year. This includes being part of team producing filming footage, photography and social media
- Attend graduate training modules at various locations a couple of times a year as part of the Graduate Leadership Development Programme training
- 2:1 degree in a related subject e.g. Journalism, Media, Public Affairs, Politics, Digital Marketing, Digital Media, Communications
- 120 UCAS points or equivalent
- A strong desire to forge a career in media relations, or marketing communications/ public affairs
- Digital media
- A passion for PR, marketing and content writing
- Confident verbal communication skills
- A creative mind
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and deliver to agreed deadlines
- Integrity, flexibility, honesty and resolve with a solutions focused attitude
- An understanding of digital and social media techniques and channels
- A proactive and collaborative approach to work
- An interest in current affairs, business, society, politics
- Willingness to travel across sites frequently
- An understanding of campaign development and interest in keeping up with modern communications techniques
- Experience in campaigning, events management and/or media background (print or radio) will all be helpful in this role
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
£27,500 salary + £2,500 joining bonus + twice yearly pay reviews in the first 2 years
25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
Enhanced sick pay scheme
Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
Canteen facilities available at Harlow
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow
United Kingdom - London
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
U. Texas, Dallas - Engineering Campus Screens (Spring 2020)
Time: 9:00 am CT - 4:00 pm CT Address: UTD Career Center SSB 3.300 Interview Rooms A-C 800 W. Campbell Rd. Richardson, Texas 75080 Type: Campus Screens
Fellowship Student Meet & Greet
Time: 9:00 am ET - 5:00 pm ET Address: Inn at Virginia Tech 901 Prices Fork Road Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 Type: Shipping Only
URI Spring 2020 Job & Internship Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: URI Ryan Center 1 Lincoln Almond Plaza URI Eng. & Tech Fair, Oct.2, 2019 Kingston, Rhode Island 02881 Type: Campus Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Aurora, CO
Time: 4:00 pm MT - 7:00 pm MT Address: Launch Pad 884 S Buckley Rd Aurora, Colorado 80017 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
UMass Lowell Spring 2020 Co-Op Connection
Time: 6:00 pm ET - 8:00 pm ET Address: Stephen Lichwala 358 Lowell ST Raytheon RFC - Duke Building Andover , Massachusetts 01810 Type: Networking Event
U. Texas, Arlington On-Campus Interviews - Spring 2020
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Career Development Center 300 W. 1st Street, Suite 180S Interview Room 2 Arlington, Texas 76019 Type: Campus Screens