University Programs: Software Engineer I
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Student Loan Repayment Contribution
Through the 401(k), called the Raytheon Savings and Investment Plan, the company will make a dollar for dollar contribution for amounts employees spend repaying their student loans, up to their maximum match percentage.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
***Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities on our websiteand apply!***
As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
The Advanced Communication Department in Marlborough Massachusetts is pursuing top talent to join the team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”. Our software engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities which enable our warfighters to be successful. Working in the Space and Airborne Systems business unit, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. Candidates have the opportunity to work alongside and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists who are providing solutions to our customers worldwide. In addition to maintaining a strong portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets. Opportunities exist to participate on innovative teams which are providing the most advanced research and development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
Typical job functions for the Software Engineer I include participation on collaborative, cross-disciplined integrated product teams, often employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate complex software and systems solutions. Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from architecture and design, through integration, test, and field support. You will work and learn in an engineering organization with the highest software engineering process maturity level as recognized by the Software Engineering Institute.
We have been recognized across industry with accolades such as:
- One of the top ten “Best Companies for Women to Work” by IEEE Women in Engineering magazine
- Among the “Best Places to Launch a Career” by Business Week magazine
- A “Top 50 Employer” by readers of Workforce Diversity for Engineering and IT Professionals
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Software development experience (i.e. internship, co-op, or other work or academic project experience)
- Experience with C, C++, or JAVA
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies
- Exposure to Model Driven Development
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS), embedded programming, processor/board architecture and design
- Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, VxWorks or other Real time operating systems
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
- Applied experience in Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles
Required Education: Must have a BS / BA with a major in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or other related field by Summer 2020 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.