GPS OCX DCS Integration Systems Engineer
Raytheon delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. Our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
- Entry to Senior level
- Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge status quo
- Communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership traits
- Problem solver
- Team player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
At Raytheon, I get to work with some of the smartest minds and coolest technologies on a daily basis. What more can I ask for?– Shirali Patel
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Then join our team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
A GPS OCX is seeking a talented Integration Software System Engineer to join our Mission Operations Support (MOS) Launch and Checkout System (LCS) team. The candidate will work closely with systems engineers, testers, customers and system users to support software applications and hardware infrastructure throughout the maintenance life cycle. The candidate will integrate complex software and hardware subsystems and resolve identified conflicting issues. A designated supervisor will provide general supervision. Guidance received relates primarily to general objectives and details of unusual situations and /or requirements.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with a current/active secret clearance.
- 6+ years’ experience integrating enterprise software systems (modules, components, subsystems)
- Experience working in a multi discipline environment
- Significant contributor to the completion of program and mission milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor
- Strong understanding of SW processes and procedures, documentation and maintenance/management of operations concepts, external and internal interfaces, and other software engineering work products/artifacts
- Strong experience in software and system-level troubleshooting, including the ability to identify problems in established code and suggest modifications as necessary
- Ability to work off hours, rotating shifts 1, 2, 3 during mission rehearsals and spacecraft Launch & Early Orbit activities
- Candidates must be a US Citizen and hold an active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience and knowledge related to Satellite Ground Systems and Ground System Operations
- Experience and knowledge of Satellite Command and Control principles
- Experience and knowledge of Satellite Mission Planning & Scheduling principles
- Experience working with Unix/Linux OS and Microsoft Windows OS based development
- Experience with customer interaction and end-user engagement
- Experience preparing and presenting status information and technical material
B.S./M.S./PhD in a STEM degree. Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math or other STEM degree.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 152202
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.