Signal Processing Engineer
Raytheon delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. Our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
- Entry to Senior level
- Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge status quo
- Communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership traits
- Problem solver
- Team player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
At Raytheon, I get to work with some of the smartest minds and coolest technologies on a daily basis. What more can I ask for?– Shirali Patel
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) is looking for a Signal Processing Engineer with expertise in signal processing to include digital signals processing, and communications theory. The position requires strong engineering skills that include architecture and design of real time signal processing systems. The position also requires knowledge of cloud based solutions and the ability to refactor traditional system design patterns to those more suited for cloud-based solutions. The systems engineer will support a classified signal-processing program and will engage multiple organizations, internal and external to Raytheon, to develop and implement solutions. Join a small, highly-focus team working to develop and maintain signal-processing applications for use in real-time operational environment. Team members are multi-disciplined and contribute across all phases of systems engineering, software development, integration and test, and metrics. The team works closely with operations personnel to meet unique and continuously evolving development needs.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with a current /active TS/SCI clearance.
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus of up to $40k for a candidate with a current TS/SCI that can be verified and hired at Raytheon.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in fields of signal processing, systems, and software engineering, and architecture of real-time signal processing systems
- Strong system engineering skills that support full software development lifecycle (including Concept of operations, requirements, system design/architecting, development, testing, delivery, and system maintenance)
- Ability to design, implement, and document digital signal processing algorithms in software
- Understanding of communications techniques, including modulation schemes, frequency hopping, spread spectrum
- Understanding of stochastic analysis
- Experience with real-time systems
- Experience with Midas signal processing frameworks
- Experience with Agile and DevOps practices and business rhythms
- Ability to break down large tasks into defined, incremental subtasks
- Ability to estimate complexity of tasks and subtasks
- Experience with Atlasian tool suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with simulation / modeling of signal processing algorithms using MATLAB or similar tools
- Candidate must exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, resourcefulness, integrity, and teaming skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with coworkers, and customers in a team environment
- Ability to work in a small team environment, high paced, with flexibility in job role
- Presentation and Documentation skills
- Work with RF sensors
- Software architectures, frameworks, infrastructure experiences
- Software patterns
- Degree and/or work experience in the fields of computer technology, systems engineering, communications engineering, or reverse engineering
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 8+ years of prior relevant experience.