University Programs: Electrical Engineer II
Dallas, Texas, McKinney, Texas, Plano, Texas
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Student Loan Repayment Contribution
Through the 401(k), called the Raytheon Savings and Investment Plan, the company will make a dollar for dollar contribution for amounts employees spend repaying their student loans, up to their maximum match percentage.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Job Description: Electrical Engineer II
***Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities at www.raytheon.com/careers and apply!***
As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) designs and develops electronics and test equipment for RF, EW, Communications and EO sensors. HWEC provides engineering, technology development, and manufacturing support for an extensive line of airborne, ground, and space-based systems.
As an Electrical Engineer, you may be involved with any of the following activities:
- Circuit analysis, circuit simulation, design documentation maintenance, trade assessments for obsolescence resolution, troubleshooting and resolution of hardware performance issues and hardware integration, test and verification.
- Integration and test of RF/Analog/Digital components and modules.
- Design, development, and integration of Special Test Equipment (STE) with the Prime Hardware.
- Work as part of a team to analyze Hardware / Software test requirements / specifications to determine Hardware and Software requirements.
- Develop solutions to test issues and develop productivity and efficiency enhancements.
- Interact with test technicians, factory facilitators, operations managers, other engineers, Quality Assurance and Reliability personnel.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience working in a lab environment with standard EE lab equipment (i.e., Vector Network Analyzers, Power Meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, DMMs, signal sources)
- Experience working within a team environment.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Experience with MS Office tool suite
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible
- for a security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Have strong technical aptitude as shown by strong grades or hands on lab experience
- Be a hands on person with ability to work with production equipment
- Ability to apply basic principles, theories, and concepts within the electrical engineering fields and general knowledge of other related disciplines
- Ability to demonstrate delivery quality and timely results
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to multi-task.
- Demonstrated leadership experience through school or extracurricular projects
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
Required Education: Must have a MS with a major in Electrical Engineering or other