Sr Electrical Design Engineer I
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, including a large presence in Indianapolis, IN. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon IIS is seeking a Sr Electrical Design Engineer to contribute to the design, analysis, simulation, test, and integration of digital electronic modules, FPGAs, and/or CCAs for a variety of DoD applications. The qualified candidate must be experienced in all aspects of circuit card and/or FPGA design from concept through delivery to higher level assemblies as evidenced by multiple successful design completions (including hardware/firmware designs with processors, FPGAs, memory, and industry interfaces, such as PCIe, Ethernet, I2C, UART). This role functions in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects. This person will be the Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for development of one or more complex modules, CCAs or FPGAs and will be expected to apply rigorous and systematic design processes to ensure total design compliance. This role interfaces with Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTL) and stake holders to ensure program objectives are achieved.
The role requires frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques. Candidates are expected to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, working under general supervision. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive. Occasional travel (10% to 15%) could be required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Secret security clearance
- Proven ability to take a design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and develop a complete hardware design, and verify the solution via Integration & Test (I&T) activities
- Experience with PCB design tasks and proven ability to use tools to design (schematic capture), analyze and simulate designs prior to hardware execution.
- Experience with embedded test techniques, design for test, design margin analysis and design for production
- A strong advocate for process improvement
- Experience in managing schedule and resources to meet assigned milestones
- Capable of functioning in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects
- Self-motivation and good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks at a time
- Active US Government Secret security clearance
- Experience using Mentor Graphics Design Creation tools: DxDesigner, xDX Designer VX, and Constraint Editor System (CES)
- Experience using Mentor Graphics PCB electronic circuit design software: HyperLynx signal integrity, power integrity, and analog simulation, Xpedition Enterprise (xPCB)
- Experience in the development and design of electronic circuits, multi-assembly systems, and processors
- Experience with intellectual property generation (patents & publications)
- Team and project leadership skills
- Knowledge of software and/or FPGA code development
- Experience leading a program transition from development to production
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical and schedule risks and to identify cost reduction opportunities
- Knowledgeable in cost/schedule development and management
Required Education (including Major):
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 4 years of related work experience or 12 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree. Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline. MS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
IN - Indianapolis
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.