Manager, Digital & Social Media
The position serves as an editor for all business media content channels, leveraging digital tools and social media to promote business capabilities, programs and products internally and externally. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Digital & Social media and works in concert with other business colleagues and the corporate Digital & Social Media team to develop content to ensure business visibility and unified Raytheon branding. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties, as well as others that are assigned.
- Execute integrated digital & social media strategy with public relations, marketing, product line communications and organizational communications colleagues.
- Develop surround sound campaigns for key pursuits, keep sold initiatives and strategic programs
- Manage the content, design and function of the business' digital and social media footprint.
- Serve as editor for internal and external business media content channels. Ensure content is current, easily found, efficiently organized and socially appropriate. Maintain the business editorial calendar to ensure sharing of interesting, timely materials on all company-owned platforms.
- Develop multimedia story packages and assets for the company's digital and social channels.
- Mentor members of the extended business communications team in the creation of appropriate social media engagement, content development and search engine optimization.
- Monitor the brand and competitors online to assess and mitigate brand risk and crises in the digital and social sphere.
- Assist with Digital & Social media training and development across functions and lines of business.
- Assist with analyzing and reporting on digital and social media success metrics.
- 8 years of related experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility (with related Bachelors degree - see below)
- 6 years of related experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility (with related Masters degree - see below)
- 4 years of related experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility (with related PhD degree - see below)
- Understanding of Web design, information architecture, Web usability and Web project management required; as well as knowledge of Web analytics tools and search engine optimization know-how.
- Experience developing and executing both a professional and personal social networking presence required, particularly involving Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and Linkedin.
- Excellent writing and editing skills for Web content required; proof of successful Web content development; outstanding verbal communication skills, confidence and professionalism to influence at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze complex material and break it down into concise, compelling stories that leverage interactive media to engage online visitors.
- Willingness to coach communicators and business partners on how to package and develop their online storytelling.
- Knowledge of HTML, PhotoShop, and content management tools
- Proven experience working in cross-functional team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Background in journalism and online/multimedia storytelling.
- Experience in web operations management and/or executing social media strategy for a large enterprise desired.
- Experience working in the aerospace and defense industry or a larger enterprise desired.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies quickly.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, Interactive Media, Information Technology or job related equivalent experience.
Master's degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, Interactive Media, or Information Technology.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
2013 Sales: $6.6 billion 14000 employees
Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona
World's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems
More than 1 million missiles produced since 1954
Broad weapons portfolio
Kinetic kill vehicles
Directed energy weapons
Customers: All U.S. military services; allied forces of more than 40 countries
Strong commitment to the global marketplaceCustomers: All U.S. military services; allied forces of more than 50 countries
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.