Hypersonic Opportunities >>
Raytheon Missile Systems is the world’s largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems. We have produced over 1 million missiles in our history. Military forces in more than 50 countries look to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles, smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. We are helping shape the future of innovative weapon system solutions in response to our customers’ most urgent needs.
Our achievements at Raytheon Missile Systems are built on a foundation that merges brilliant technology and legendary reliability with committed, talented professionals. Together, we are creating cutting-edge weapons system solutions that can help ensure the success of our worldwide customer base. Regardless of location specifics or mission complexity, the Raytheon Missile Systems team has what it takes.
Advanced Missile Systems
- Responsible for new and innovative product and business endeavors to become the world’s premier missile and nonkinetic weapon developer.
- Experts in advanced tactical targeting technology, loitering weapons, long endurance vehicles, unmanned systems, urban warfare and small weapons.
- Considers adjacent mission areas, including unmanned systems, mission solutions, and precision targeting sensors, and leads the way in programs for space, laser weapons, pulse power and directed energy systems.
Air and Missile Defense Systems
- Provides the Standard Missile family of products, one of the world’s first choices for air defense and theater ballistic missile defense.
- Powers all exoatmospheric kill vehicle systems, which work to engage high-speed ballistic missile warheads in midcourse.
- In partnership with Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, is producing the David’s Sling Weapon System as part of Israel’s Iron Dome defense system.
- Actively developing the Network Centric Airborne Defense Element.
Air Warfare Systems
- Offers the world’s most comprehensive portfolio of air warfare systems in support of decisive battlespace victories.
- Respected for technologies that give the warfighter a significant tactical advantage, such as the Maverick®, Sidewinder, Tomahawk and Griffin™ missiles, and the Miniature Air Launched Decoy (MALD®) family.
- Developing the Small Diameter Bomb II (SDB II™) for the U.S. Air Force
Land Warfare Systems
- Provides the world’s most comprehensive array of battle-proven land warfare missile systems, including technologies that are currently used by 40 armies worldwide and expected to serve the U.S. military through 2050.
- Actively developing the next generation of precision artillery and gun-launched projectiles featuring built-in GPS guidance while fielding proven weapons in the Excalibur® precision cannon artillery system, the Stinger® missile and the Javelin man-portable anti-tank weapon system
Naval and Area Mission Defense
- Positioned to be the world’s leading provider of total integrated mission defense systems for military and government customers by serving three markets: Naval Mission Defense Systems, Ground-Based Air Defense and Strategic Infrastructure Protection.
- Demonstrates full life-cycle leadership in ship and fleet defense solutions designed to protect the warfighter.
- Featured products include the Centurion™ weapon system, RAM™ guided missile weapon system, and the SeaRAM® and Phalanx® anti-ship missile defense systems.